Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Unexpected Love

Finally, I had to give in. Life is all about compromises. I married Revathy so that my parents would be happy. The marriage was a hastily arranged affair. It was a relief because I didn’t have the emotional energy to go through a lengthy arranged marriage. My wife Revathy is a typical Gounder girl; a combination of good looks and traditional values. Immediately after the marriage Revathi and I went to Bangalore where I worked.

We never talked for the first few days. The lovely girl must have felt so hurt, but she didn’t show it. And, I was still angry on my parents for what they had done to my dreams.

One fine day, Revathy asked me to take her to the nearby temple. I refused saying that I’ve got better things to do. A single tear drop broke out from her beautiful eyes. She wiped it with her hand and walked away. Oh! How I regretted hurting her, that very instant! She was looking out through the window, when I went near her and said ‘‘Revathy, I’m sorry. I’d like to take you to the temple now. Will you come with me?”. I took her hand and kissed it. She did not say anything, no reaction whatsoever. When I turned, I could have sworn that she broke into this huge million-dollar-smile of hers. Yeah, I managed to get a glimpse of it. I took her to the temple. She never let go of my hand the whole day.

Who said arranged marriages are boring? I’ve had enough romance for a day.

P.S - It's a fictional story written by me. My sweethearts out there! Don't worry, I'm single.

17 comments:

  1. Fictional eh ... Interesting Idea RB !!! Good write-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur dream girl is really beautiful !!
    enjoy romancing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dei ellam nalla thaan irunthuchu.. indha PS nu oru mokkaya potruka paaru.. adhaan too much pravin.. Venam.. vitudu.. :) God job Pravin.. Nice work of fiction.. I liked the original name better tho :) :) :) Will always remember the original piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work... But worst P.S. 6 Sweet hearts names ah yum apadiye poda vendiyathu thana...atha mattum aen vittu vachuta...

    ReplyDelete
  5. supera maccha hope u select ur dream girl in bim,u have talent maccha so just go and hit ur love wicket

    ReplyDelete
  6. RB,

    probably the story is not so first read for me.
    But P.S is AWESOMEEEEEEEE and very original honestly.

    And hope u are not worried by ur past or present of others.

    Ravi

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROMANCE = ROME +FRANCE

    Rome is known for fight and complexity.
    France is known for sweetness and love.

    so romance is not just love but complexity too.
    so I personally feel that story is not complete yet ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey RB,
    gud one to begin wit =) indian marriage lifea livea paakaraa madhiri irundhudhu.. but unakku 6 sweethearts irukkunu theriyama pochu!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6 sweet heartsaaa!!!!
    I know of the one from school only. The one on whom who hit a SQUARE CUT.. Remember her? :) ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ all

    Yeah, there are 6 sweethearts. ha ha. They are giving me love torture. aandavan enna konjam alaga padaichuttaan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Pravin

    Thu.. manasatchiye ille da unakellam.. naaye.. munna pinna love torture na enna nu anubavichurikiya.. summa ve na jailuku poren naanum rowdy nu koova vendiyadhu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Machi, good one da. Nee adikara dialogue aana is equivalent to vadivelu's enna en da ivlo azhagaa.. Tyre dhaan vedikum :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Comment delete panakae vitruvomaaaa ???

    ReplyDelete
  14. @RB.. appo trisha voda gadhi ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ RB

    Dei yaaru da andha trisha .. ha ha ah

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice choice of d girl's name RB.. nd d soft touch of romance..super po;)

    PS nu potu irukrathu than rommmmbavae over:-P

    ReplyDelete